Acorns From The Healing Tree

Welcome!

"I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content." ~ St. Paul

My Idea For a Fun Life.


This is a better day today. Thank God. I'm not even going to read that drivel I wrote yesterday. Honestly, sometimes I think there are two people inside of me - one negative complainer and the other the innocent and happy woman/child. No, I'm not psycho, but sometimes I wonder, and that's healthy right?

I've got a bunch of students coming today, and I won't be able to get out at all. You know, I just realized something: In a marriage, where your husband works full time, the people at his office actually see your husband twice as much as you do. I mean, we see each other no more than an hour in the morning, and about 3 hours in the evening, and that's it. People see each other at work at least 8 or nine hours a day. I of course I am very grateful that he has a job, but this system sucks.

I think it would be a good idea to overhaul the American work ethic - tell Mr. Obama and Nancy Pillosi, cough, cough. It would even be better for everyone than the new health care system. I mean, what would be wrong if people only had to work 4 hours a day and had the rest of the time off for actually living? Everyone would have to agree on the new system. Really, whose stupid idea was the 8 hour day anyway and why do we all have to comply? I tell my hubby that we should either, one, go into politics, or two, sell everything and buy a camper and travel around like aging hippies. We just missed that era, being in junior high at the time. I admit there were some hippies even there, but not us geeks. But we need to do this before it is too late.

I think I'll plan the revolution...

0 comments:

Post a Comment