Acorns From The Healing Tree

Welcome!

"I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content." ~ St. Paul

The matriarchal tree of life


Tomorrow is Mother's Day, so to observe this day, here is a photo display of pictures of the special women in my own maternal tree of life:




My beautiful daughter, Athena-Marie. So far, the last in a line of very strong women!
5-7-10 At our mother's day high tea, Colorado.




Me, Laurel, circa 1967. Pastel painted in New York City on tour with my mother.




My mother, Phyllis, a famous concert harpist. Portrait painted in oil, circa 1970. California.



My grandmother, Kate. Painting from a playbill for the play, "The Volunteer Organist" circa 1920. She was a stage actress and a Christian Science Practitioner who lived to be 100.




My great, great, great grandmother, Maria-Louise. Painted in oil, circa 1850. Illinois. She was a housewife and mother of four sons.

"...in a time lacking in truth and certainty and filled with anguish and despair, no woman should be shamefaced in attempting to give back to the world, through her work, a portion of its lost heart." (Louise Bogan)

Love to you all, Athena-Marie, Laurel, Phyllis, Kate, Maria-Louise, and any grandmothers from the past that I may have omitted. You all had huge hearts and their loving effects beat on, still. A very Happy Mother's Day.




4 comments:

Athena Marie said...

Very cool pics!! (Except the one of me... which is like the worst one you took of me. lol) Happy Mother's Day! :-)

Laurel said...

It's a fine picture of you! What are you talking about? Thanks for everything this mothers day. Love you!

Mark and Patty of Crystal Pyramid Productions in San Diego said...

How lovely! You deserve to be treated like a Queen, because you are. ;)

Mark and Patty of Crystal Pyramid Productions in San Diego said...

Wow, beauty runs in your family. (You too, Athena!) ha ha

Post a Comment