Acorns From The Healing Tree

Welcome!

"I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content." ~ St. Paul

The play of light



Thanks to everyone who wished with me yesterday! This whole thing is new to me, but I imagine it's all a very good thing. (Not wishing per say, but being part of a wishing group)!
We are going to take tea out here, sitting in my victorian style porch set. I know, I know, this is no longer the "style" anymore, but who can change their furnature according to the latest magazine photos, as you would change your shoes? Not me! Styles change so fast and its just so retailers can make money - I am not going to play by their rules any more! This set has been out here during many winters and it's gotten a bit ratty, so be careful! One have the chairs is getting ready to break through in the seat - that is the chair I have never sat on. Really.
This morning I was running around the house like a lunatic trying to capture photos in the great light, before the clouds rolled in. I just made an interesting connection: everything looks beautiful depending on how the light hits it. Hmmm. There's a good analogy for everything in life, isn't it? Even ugly things can look great in the light. On the other hand, depending on how the light hits it, beautiful can be made to look ugly. It's all in the perspective! Like my wicker set in the picture I think looks pretty nice and inviting. However, in the absence of the play of light, its really awfully sad and ugly. Wow what a discovery! Now my photos will really have personality.
This reminds me of when I was taking a portrait painting class and the teacher was going on about how important the "terminal" line was. I'd never heard of a terminal line before, but had heard of a terminal illness. (No, not mS) A terminal illness is one where a life is going to meet its end. Light to darkness. According to the art teacher this is where all the details show up in clear relief. When dark meets light or vice-versa. Something to ponder huh?
I wonder if this is how all forms of art get their meaning? In the play of good against evil?
I'll leave you with this thought as I see more clouds coming in and I've got to go out and capture more light and contrast. Contrast. The thing that makes life worth living!

0 comments:

Post a Comment